Saturday, October 15, 2005

Peanut butter cookies and gold stars

Children are so great. They are always the first to embrace you and the most genuine. Today I brought out my gold star stickers. The kids went wild. Before I knew it I had the whole neighborhood at my house trying to please me anyway possible in order to get a sticker. I took it as a teaching opportunity . We went over all the body parts in English and after whoever could tell me where their knee was, etc. got a star. It was so cute: all these tiny children crammed together eagerly raising their hands vying for a chance to answer.
During all of this I had been making peanut butter cookies. When they were finished Mapula tolds the kids "lineup." and immediately they were in an ordered fashion hands outstretched for peanut butter dookies. Benefit of all this: all the children love me. Cost analysis: They'll never leave me along again.

Side note: I played Blue's Clues Memor with my family tonight. My youngest brother, Khutso, kicked butt. Everyone kept trying to help him but he didn't need it and beat us every time. It was great for him because I don't think he often gets the credit he deserves.

Update of frightening creature residing in my room:
I decided to suck it up and go in search or my unwelcome roommate. I did find him. Unfortunately the monkey butler theory will not be panning out. Nor will a mouse be losing its life. Turns out it was a large gecko. After the scorpion incident I couldn't really deal with gecko removal so against my better judgment I let Mapula kill it. Turns out that even when a gecko is dead, and its tail is removed from its body, that the tail will continue to twitch for a number of minutes. Go figure....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Babe,

So what is your new address?

-Steph Jacobs

4:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home