Friday, September 23, 2005

Back to Moletsi





Making Apple Pie


My Birthday


It's good and bad to be back in Moletsi after the site visit. I want to go back to my site but at the same time I don't want to leave the rest of the volunteers. They all start to feel like family after the things we go through.

My birthday was pretty slow but nice. My family got a cake and coke and the volunteers all sang Happy Birthday to me. My new host sister, Mapula, called me three different times. It was nice to feel loved.


Language is really starting to make sense and that has been inspiring. I've learned how to form simple sentences such as "I like my tea" or "I don't like to eat chicken neck and worms." We also learned phrases to repeat to the constant harassing we get such as "Thank you for reminding me I'm white. I almost forgot."

Today was a great day, we had indian food and got to come into town. Being next to modern anemities always does wonders for the spirits. Next weekend we're going to the hot springs. I can't wait!

I miss everyone so much and feel so desperately out of the loop. I have no idea what is going on in anyone's lives (I haven't gotten to talk to my brothers since I've been here) and the only American news I've heard is about Hurricane Katrina and that Britney Spears had her baby (they focus on the important stuff here). Please, please update me with letters or email or anything. I love you all :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home