Saturday, September 10, 2005

The New Home

I am thrilled about the fact that I live in a room outside the main house. This should do wonders for my sanity and privacy. I live across the street from my key school, Letseku. Behind this school is a small dam. The area is beautiful with mountains and trees everywhere.

The actual statistics on my family are as follows: I live with the mother and father who don't speack much English. The mother is really interested in learning. Actually, there seems to be a number of people interested in learning English. It may be something to look into, starting a class.

The oldest brother who lives in the house is Sello who is 23 (there is an older brother, States 26, but he resides elsewhere). Next is Mapula who is 18 and in grade 12. Both her and Sello speak English very well. Mapula is wonderful and we are now inseparable. She keeps telling me how happy she is to have a sister and how lonely it has been as the only girl in the family. The next brother is Oupa and he's 17. In addition, there are also two nephewys Marvin is 12 and the youngest is Kudjo (which means peace) is 7. I am so happy with my new home. Many of the other PCV's have complained about things in their new communities but so far everything is wonderful for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home