Monday, September 12, 2005

Random Amusing Ideas

-Today I saw monkeys, in the wild, they were just chilling and hanging with one and other. If you're interested in what they look like check out: vervet monkey

-I live very near a forest. They use the trees from this forest to make Vicks Vapor Rub. If you break open the leaves you can smell the Vicks.

-Here they call a bar a shebin. Right next to my new home is a "granny shebin." The granny's all collect and drink traditionally brewed beer and dance. My host sister told me that some of the grannys can shake their hips better than hip hop dancers.

-I have been proposed to by half of the men in Rasewana within twenty years of my age. When a man wants to marry a woman he pays her family what is referred to as a lobola, around here the customary lobola is ten cows. I was asking my host brother how many cows I was worth and if he was going to sell me. After all the proposals and cows I feel that I may come back to the U.S. with a very big ego.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home