Friday, October 21, 2005

Family Issues





I broke out the photo album of my family last night. I’ve noticed I get the same questions over and over: Are those boys your children? Is your youngest brother Asian (I still can’t convince anyone that he’s not)? Does your sister know how to drive a car? Etc.
Last night was particularly amusing because they started renaming my pictures. Caryn became Mapula, Jake became Khutso, Sam became Oupa (as a joke since Oupa is 16), and mom became my new mom. Turns out I get my same family plus two older brothers and an overprotective father. My dad is hilarious. He’s trying to spoil me. He keeps insisting that he wants to put his small TV in my room. Plus the department of education dropped off a bed frame for me, which he refused to let me use because he said it looked like a bed in a jail (I happen to agree with him on this point). So instead I get to keep my super comfy full size. I definitely lucked out on family issues.
Once again let me stress the following: Mapula rocks! I’m lying in my room today and in Mapula came with a blindfold. She leads me to the house, sits me in a chair, and removes the blindfold. In front of me is a giant cake that says Happy Birthday (no joke, this thing was 2 feet across). Mapula explained that she was sad we didn’t get to celebrate before. She then proceeded to shove cake in my face. It made for a good photo op. and a very good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home