Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Philadelphia

Philadelphia has been incredible. There are 88 of us going all together: 51 in education and 37 working with NGO's. The people going are soooo amazing: so well traveled and such accomplishments. I'm beginning to feel under qualified.

We leave for New York in 2 hours and we'll be flying out later this evening. The flight is 17 hours and tomorrow evening we'll arrive in Johannesburg. I believe there is a 9 hour time difference between California and where we're going.

This morning we got our shots and the beginning of our malaria medication. After I stopped by the liberty bell as my one last patriotic duty. Philadelphia is beautiful...lots of old brick buildings and cobble stone streets. It seems that history just oozes from it.

I'm so excited and slightly nervous I suppose. I can't wait to update everyone but don't expect to hear from me on the internet for about 7 weeks (apparently there cutting us off completely from civilization). I love you all!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home