Saturday, August 27, 2005

Moletsi 1

Moletsi Kids
Moletsi Granny
Pit toilet and hut
My Bath
Bogobe aka what I constantly eat


This is short but it's an update. I came into town today so I find an internet cafe. In my own village this doesn't happen but I thought I'd give some high points so far.

-I take a bath in a bucket with four inches of water.

-I use a pit toilet. Long drop is the kind you pray for. Short drops are the ones that are way overused. You figure out the names.

-If you want to know what I've had for a meal it inevitable includes pap and some more pap and a little more pap.

-I live with a Granny and her four grandchildren. They're wonderful and treat me so well. The Granny wants me to be very well fed and clean. She gives me lots of food, baths, and puts me to bed at night. They don't speak a lot of English and our evening amusement is often laughing at me attempting phrases in SePedi

-The Peace Corp volunteers are wonderful. They're the greatest support system I could ask for. We often spend hours during the day walking miles in search of a soda or toilet paper.

-I'm dying for letter. Letters a small miracle. Send more letters.

More in weeks to come. I don't know when I'll come to town again so don't expect regular email from me yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home