Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Injury



While in Durban I tripped on a box and fell into a tree trunk. As a result I severely gashed open my knee. In the real world I would have definitely needed stitches. I learned that being a PCV makes that easier in theory than in practice. By the time I could actually get to a clinic it had been two days and the Peace Corp doctor told me to long to get stitches so the idea was ditched. Thus, I’m expecting a nasty scar. These are pictures I took of it two days after it happened and it had started healing. When you see this please realize that here it looks a lot better than it did.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, There sorry for the injury.

I think you should have went to the doctor early if you wanted to be stiched. I'm just desagreeing with your point of saying. If you were in the Real World.

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home