Thursday, April 06, 2006

Writing Contest

I had a writing contest for my Grade 7 students. The prompt: If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go? Why?

The first entry is the winner and the second winner is one I found entertaining. I'm typing them exactly as I received them to share with you all:

Israel

I would like to go to Israel.

Since I was born before coming to school I had a biblical knowledge which I got it from the church. There is more that fifty thousands cities and towns around the globe, different countrie with their own political arena, different geographycal shapes with different people.

I can start by qhoting people like Moses, Jesus Christ, King Herodo. They were staying there. Their graves are still there and possible their statues. I would like also to witness those graves and their emigration place. My Gospel singers are continuously singing about Jerusalem. Every chapter of the bible speaks of Jerusalem. I would like to see this historical town. Moutains like Mount Sinai, Mount Herob, places where Moses once passed are there, I would like to see them. The fight between Goliath and David took place there, I would like to see the spot (scene). The graveyard of King Solomon and his 300 wives, King Soul, all these need to be witnessed.

In country with 90% of it being a desert, with large camels in there. I would like to see there. I am strongly sure all Christians who once visited there feel blessed as many people thought that Isreal is in heaven. If I can be given an opportunity to get there, really I will be happy to the fullest.



Hollywood

I would like to go to hollywood because it is the most wounderful place that i had ever seen in my life and is the most dream place i dreamed of. I want to go to hollywood cause there are so many celebrities that most of them are my stars. I like to go there cause i feel like hollywood has got enough money, enough jobs for our mothers, fathers, brothers and sisters. When I'm there i go to school and I finish school i will look for a job.

I would look for a job that pay me enough money, and with the money I will build a house for and house for my family. The job I work, I work for myself and my family. The job i would like to do in hollywood is to be an a actor and I want to marry a black american women and have only two children. I need to go to hollywood because maybe one day I could be come a celebrity and maybe people that know me will say he was poor and now he is rich. I like to go to hollywood cause i would find many friends and maybe they will show me their parents.

Any maybe they will show me where they live. I need to go to hollywood cause maybe I will meet many celebrities and know many director, producer etc: I would like to go to hollywood because is a place i will like to go meet with my whole life, and the best thing is hoolywood will be fantastic. I need my kids to be actors or football players not even like journalist cause journalist sometimes is a liar.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ali Ambrosio said...

Absolutely priceless. Israel, motivated by religion and Hollywood, motivated by the good ol' American dream of becoming an actor, marrying a black woman, and staying the hell away from those lying journalists.

Makes me wish I had kids around...

cheers,
Ali

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home