Friday, January 27, 2006

Day to Day Pictures

The following pictures from my everyday life which I didn't think I had represented well:

















This is how I do my wash. I miss machines :(

















This is the view from my front yard. Notice: the dam in the background, the "miners" hut (you can see part of the miner behind the tree), and one of the kids on his way to get water (luckily I have a tap in my yard and don't have to wheelbarrow in my water, some of the other volunteers do have to)

















This is my house. Notice: The tin room, my room on the left with the burglar bars open, and the taxi my dad drives (this is one of the small taxis).
















This is the wall I decorated in the Grade 7 class at Matshwi Primary. These kids wrote letters back to kids in Oceano, California where I did my student teaching. The letters and pictures on the wall are from the kids in Oceano.
















Yes...I am proud of my wall.

















Every morning before school all the children gather for morning assembly where they sing and pray. It's probably my favorite part of the day.















The Grade 7 class at Matshwi Primary.






















Mapula cooking bogobe (our stove is out of commission currently).
















The Grade 7 at Matshwi Primary writing their pen pal letters.
















A Grade 2 class at Letseku Primary. This is probably the most decorated any of the classrooms I deal with are. I really like this teacher. Technically she is like an "aunt" to me or something similar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home