Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Siren

Once again a grade 5 boy is in the corner laughing at me. Four times a day he enters the office where he plugs in the siren that means one of the following: start of the day, break starting, break ending, end of the day. The siren is loud. Rock concert loud. This boy will have hearing damage for the rest of his life. I should get him earplugs for Christmas.

He is laughing at the routine we have established:

He knocks and then enters the room. I check my watch. It is time. He gives me an expectant smile. I shove my fingers in my ears. He mirthfully laughs. The siren goes off. From outside the vibrations of hundreds of running children begins. He smiles and leaves the office.

I have no idea the name of this child. He is by far my favorite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home