Saturday, November 12, 2005

Mail

Peace Corps finally got its act together and forwarded me my mail so this morning I got bombarded with about ten letters. It was wonderful!! After reading the letters I have some quick responses to get out there:

-Debbie, Cathy, and anyone else who sent packages to my old address I still have not received your packages. I don´t know if theyŕe lost or Peace Corps simply didn´t forward them to me
-I want to post pictures as much as you all want to see them. My hindrance is that my puppy Riley chewed throught the cord to transfer the pictures from the camera to the computer before I left. Until I get a new one I can´t do anything.
-I´m receiving mail quickly now, about one week after it´s sent out. I got packages from Joni, my mom, and Kim. They were great.
-Ive had numerous requests for my wish list. I will post it and if you want to send me something :) post it in the comment section so there´s not a lot of repeats:
-Books (I´m on my last one. I getting desperate for new ones. My mom has my book list. I will try to get her to email it to me so I can post it on here. Right now I really want the new book by Gregory Maguire...Son of the Witch and any of the Harry Potter books)
-I turning into a grandma: any kind of knitting or cross stitch stuff would be incredible. Make sure it includes instructions.
-Subscription to National Geographic (for someone who really wants to spoil me)
-Candy (I´m dying for Snickers and M&Ms) or things like chewey granola bars
-My mom to send my jewelry :)
-Any kind of New York Times cross word books or anything else to entertain me when I get bored at night
-A cassette of the movie Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants....my host sister is so into the book and is dying to see the movie but we haven´t been able to find it here
-Any pictures or anything funny and entertaining to make me smile.

Thanks so much for all the mail and I love hearing from everyone. It´s been great being able to share all you send me with my family and friends here...it really helps with cultural exchange.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cait,

I have gotten your host sister the book "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants". Granny is sending you some yarn and stuff to knit with. I bought the 6th Harry Potter and have already read it. If you have not read it I will send it to you seperately. Hope you are doing okay. Look for my package. Talk to you later.

- Ty

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home