Monday, November 07, 2005

Rain

Things I have learned during the rainy season:


-Rain combats heat. Thank God. I thought I was going to melt. I have never sweat so much in my life and I once ran a marathon. I find it intriguing that today I may be wearing pants and a jacket and tomorrow may be a skirt and a tank top. I guess it keeps life interesting.

-I have a tin roof. It keeps out the wind. It does not keep out the rain. Depending on the severity of the storm I count anywhere between four to eight leaks in my room. The one directly over my bed takes 53 minutes to fill a coffee mug.

-After it rains the termites come out in droves. You literally can’t put a foot down without stepping on a termite. I get the feeling that this is what the locusts sent down by God to punish the people must have looked like.

-I have come to find that rain and electricity don’t coexist here. When it rains the electricity seems to be more scarce that countries who approve of Bush. It’s a big disappointment when all I want is a hot glass of tea.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home