Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Anger

A week ago I lost in with my Grade 7 teachers. I was attemtping to complete student of the month and teacher of the month forms so we could hand out awards on the Friday that ended term. I was going to be out of school on Thursday so I need to finish that afternoon. The teachers had, had their forms since Monday and were told they were due Wednesday morning. By that afternoon I still had not received half of them. When I confronted them I of course received a million excuses which I ignored, took the hard ass approach, and told them they couldn't leave until they turned them in. This was mostly effective, all but the Grade 7 teachers complied. They, on the other hand, snuck off like adolescents ditching school. I, as a result, recited my diatribe to the principal which went something like this- performed of course in my most self righteous voice:

"I came to this country to help you improve your school and you asked me to be here. I left my home, my family, and my friends. I stay after school to help with things and even the teachers aren't willing to do that. This is their job. They get paid to do this. No one pays me. I do this to help them, the school, and the children, and they're too lazy to stay 5 extra minutes to finish work they had two and a half days to finish already. I am very mad at them."

Though this attempt on my part towards martyrdom may have made a wrong turn on the way to resentment for certain teachers, I certainly feel better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home