Friday, February 24, 2006

Earthquake

Last night I awoke to strange creaking noises emitted from my house and was convinced the ground was shaking. Then I thought logically, “No, Cait you must have had a larium dream. You’re in South Africa there is no way we are having an earthquake.” Subsequently, as I got ready for school this morning, and was listening to the radio, I discovered that there had, in fact, been a 7 point something earthquake in Mozambique around midnight. I told Omar I had felt it, and I think he thought I was insane. Later Tom sent me a message that pretty much summed up my feelings on the situation:

“So it turns out that earthquake that I felt last night wasn’t a larium dream after all. How do I leave California and end up in an earthquake.”

My sentiments exactly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home