Friday, March 09, 2007

It's been a while...

The last few weeks of attempting to get things accomplished has been quite frustrating as the internet has been down at the cafe I regularly frequent and my zip drive has been full of viruses. Hence, my lack of updating. So let me give a quick run down of what's going on...

My library is almost complete. The last of my shelves were delivered this week, and I'm just waiting for 3 tables now. The children have started visiting before and after school and we've been having an absolute blast. They keep commenting on how beautiful it is. It's been really exciting to see kids read books for the first time that aren't text books. They love things like the snake books. They can't believe how large the reptiles can get. It's been really fun for me to sneak up behind them and scare them while their completely engrossed in studying the pictures.

It's also been exceptionally entertaining as they have discovered different kinds of books. One of the children found a pop-up book on the shelf and it had him giggling uncontrollably for about half an hour.

I also have a bunch of puzzles that Seth and Ivy gave me for the library. The kids love them and will spend forever working on one (it's interesting to watch how long it takes a sixth grader to complete a 25 piece puzzle since they've never seen one before; they don't yet understand the strategy of them). Each time a child finishes a puzzle he or she comes to me beaming and waits to get a high five.

Overall, I'm loving every minute I spend in the library and so are the children. It's great after all this time to finally have a product.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home