Wednesday, August 01, 2007

The Playground

Climbing


Playground
Preschool children climbing

Preschool teacher swinging
Me and Shebo

Painting the tires
Installing the equipment
Parents helping install equipment
Painting equipment
Breaking the ground for the equipment







Finally, after a multitude of obstacles to overcome, I completed my last project as a Peace Corps Volunteer: a playground. I was so happy with the results and feel that it is the best project I did during my service. It had so many side effects that I simply wasn't expecting. For one example of many, I have never seen so much parental involvement and interest in the school. My parents kept thanking me for allowing their children to finally be "treated like white children." On my last day at site the kids were allowed to play on the equipment for the first time. Their reactions were classic and wonderful. It's amazing to see them so blissfully happy. Thank you so much for all the support I received regarding this project.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home