Friday, May 04, 2007

Happy

Yesterday, as I lay in my room reading, I was greeted with childish shouts: "Makobo, Makobooooooooo," emitted from my open door. After an allotted time period in which I attempted to ignore the calls I gave in and investigated my fan club.

Outside was Mothopi and two of her friends waiting for me to appear for their entertainment purposes. The three of them, being typical preschoolers began exploring me: the texture of my hair, my nose piercing, my painted toe nails. As they pointed at my bright pink toes I decided to join them in their festivities and grabbed a bottle of purple nail polish from my room. I then proceeded to paint thirty dirt encrusted nails the shade of an iris while three sets of tiny teeth grinned and giggled at the physical change taking place before their eyes.

It is amazing the simple things which can make us all happy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hello there, I am a Peace Corps Volunteer in Senegal and I really liked reading your blog. You are a great writer and your playground project is an inspiration. I too have been looking into doing something like that but am having trouble with support from the school I work with. It sounds like it was a great project to get the parents more involved in the school too. Hope all is going well for you in the good ol USA. I still have a year.

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home