Friday, August 11, 2006

Library Update

I am really excited about my work right now. I finally have enough books to start setting up my library (thanks to an especially kind donor from Stafford, Missouri). Currently I’m trying to get two of my schools to become National Readathon Schools, which involves quite a bit of work, but will lead to activities that I think will be wonderful for the children once implemented. The plan, for one of the activities, is to have an "I Love to Read" week in October with different activities planned for each day- I’m thinking big- but maybe, just maybe, from all this a child will learn to love to read and will thus love to learn and perhaps will make it out of the village trap and accomplish a dream that they have of success in some designated part of their life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home