Friday, May 26, 2006

Corporal Punishment

A parent showed up at school today with the desire to fight one of the teachers. Apparently, this teacher had called her child a baboon and told her to go home and have her mother teach her instead of the school. All of this transpired due to the fact that the child called the teacher vulgar names. This took place in a kindergarten class. When the principal confronted the teacher her response was “Well, Makobo said I couldn’t use corporal punishment so I did this instead.”

Oh, the woes of the exceptionally misguided. Afterwards, upset and frustrated my principal vented to me while I was showing the certificate I had made for “educator of the month.” She said: “This is very good. It shows who good teachers are, not the ones who call their learners baboons!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home